March & April Blog Report
About 2 months ago, I shared my first ever blog report. In it, I told you guys how I was coming along with this “new” blog and some of the goals I had for the upcoming months. I’m here today to update again and set some more goals.
March started off strong. I had my plan all laid out and must say I stuck to it pretty well.. and then came April and everything went downhill. I had a plan to update with a new post every 4th day. Between writing and promoting the posts that I updated, I was busy! I definitely saw progress though.
Then in April, I didn’t follow the “post every 4th day” schedule I had intended. I missed posting 5 times that month, but still saw a good amount of engagement considering I had half the amount of posts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
# of Posts: 8 (+5)
# of comments: 127
# of sponsored posts: 1
# of views: 430 (+128)
# of Posts: 4 (-4)
# of comments: 93
# of sponsored posts: 0
# of views: 306 (-124)
Blog Posts Worth Mentioning
In March, my daughter started attending a weight loss clinic. It has helped our entire family take a look at our choices and make healthier ones.
I attended a sponsored event at the Outlets of Little Rock with some fellow bloggers. Who wouldn’t love to get paid to drink Starbucks and shop?!
Then, in April I posted an informative article about the Fertility Awareness Method and how I use it as birth control.
And finally, I revealed my DIY Laundry Room Reveal using items from the Dollar Tree and Big Lots.
Social Media Followers:
I’m going to be honest here.. I’m a little bummed at the lack of progress across my social media platforms. In fact, I went backwards on some of these! I am mostly bummed about Instagram. I put a lot of effort into my Instagram, sharing some of the best images at the most ideal times, and LOST followers. Ugh!
Regarding Twitter: I used to follow everybody who followed me, but then realized I didn’t want to be spammed with blog links / sponsored content every time I went on there. It ultimately led me to using Twitter less and less because I just wasn’t interested in those who I was following and was no longer enjoying it. I cleaned up my list and “unfollowed” a lot of people which led to them unfollowing me also. I really have no problem with that as I’d rather have those who are truly interested in my content as followers and not those that are just there for a follow.
So, here is what my numbers looked like from the end of February until now.
Total gain: 50
March & April Goal Check-Up
My goals were:
- Post at least 6 times (each month)
- FAIL. I was *this.close* to making this one.
- Double my page views (from February)
- FAIL. I was on track in March, but slacked off in April.
- Get at least 60 comments (each month)
- SUCCESS! I went beyond this goal.
- Increase my social media following
- SUCCESS! Even though I lost followers, my total amount increased, so I am considering this one a win.
- Use Pinterest more
- SUCCESS! I’m not sure if this will show on my next report, but I have been using pinterest more and more.
May & June Goals
I know we are already nearing the end of May, but humor me here.. These are the goals I have set for May and June.
- Make my blog a priority! Life has been super busy in other areas and I haven’t set aside enough time to really do what I’ve wanted to with my blog. Now that some things are taken care of (I’m looking at you chicken coop!) I have more time to give to my blog.
- Continue working on increasing social media following
- Reach out to a few brands about collaborating
- Network with other bloggers
- Guest post on another blog
That about wraps it up. I can’t say I’m disappointed with my progress, especially given the effort I put into it, but I am hoping that May and June look a little better.