Places to Take Pictures in White County Arkansas
Next to lighting, location is the second most important part of photography. One secret most photographers don’t want to share is the location where they take pictures. Well, I’m letting out some of my secrets today. Why? Simple. There is more to a gorgeous picture than just a fun location.
It’s all about how you work your equipment.
Here are some of my top picks for pics in White County, Arkansas:
– Located in Judsonia, Arkansas near the Judsonia Post Office, this bridge is open to traffic so keep that in mind when planning your shoot. This is a pretty popular place for family portraits in Judsonia.
Judsonia Friendly Acres Park
– Friendly Acres Park is a quaint little park located off of Missile Base Road in Judsonia. There are geese present year-round, play ground equipment for the kids, a lake, and a firework show every 4th of July, giving you plenty of options to photograph.
– Gillam Farms is a fruit and produce farm open year-round. This is a great place for bridals, or to practice some macro photography with all the greenery.
Searcy Downtown Courthouse Square
– The courthouse itself is gorgeous. At night time, the newly updated Rialto in all its lighted glory is a beautiful capture. There are many textured walls, doorways, and hidden spaces to explore around the downtown Searcy area.
– Nestled near the Little Red River in Searcy, this park features walking trails, caves, cliffs, and greenery making it a great place for Senior pictures or family portraits.
– Harding University is gorgeous year-round. There is plenty of shade and short paths loaded with flowers. Christmas lights during the Winter make it a great place to shoot at night.
Berryhill Bike Trail
– Paved trails make this a great place for exploring the surrounding nature. There is a small bridge about half a mile north of Berryhill Park on the path perfect for family portraits.
– This is another location popular among photographers. The Pioneer Village is a small historical site filled with 19th century pieces including architecture, farm equipment, and more.
– Smyrna Church, located off of Hwy 36 is another historical piece in Searcy. This church is known as being the oldest church in Arkansas and is a great place to capture sunsets, portraits, or the building itself.
Searcy Art Gallery
– The Searcy Art Gallery, located in the historic Black House is a beautiful place for bridals, architecture, or just plain ole’ art.
Bald Knob, Arkansas:
Wildlife Refuge Bald Knob
– The Bald Knob Wildlife Refuge sits on over 15,000 acres and is a favorite amongst birders. Migrating birds, or static insects make great captures here.
Downtown Courtyard Bald Knob
– The Downtown Bald Knob Courtyard has been updated within the past few years and offers some similar details as the Searcy downtown area with textured walls, hidden nooks, and is perfect for senior pictures.
Bald Knob Lake
– This is one of my favorites for sunsets. The water is also perfect for wading into to capture portraits.
Bald Knob Train Depot
– If trains are your thing, then add this to your must-see list. The train depot has plenty to photograph indoors or outdoors and it just a short walk from the downtown courtyard.
The Wedding Barn
– The Wedding Barn is a barn and event center located about 25 miles from Searcy. It sits atop a mountain, making it great for landscape, or bridal portraits.
So, there you have it. Some of my favorite places to take pictures in White County, Arkansas. What one would be your favorite place to take pictures?
*Please keep in mind that permission must be granted in order to utilize some of these locations.