18 New Experiences in 2018
I want to do a lot of new things in 2018, but first… did you see my 2018 Goals and Word of the Year post? If not, this post may not make as much sense. If you didn’t, my 2018 Word of the Year is NEW.
How cliche, right?
One part of being new means having NEW experiences. Here are 18 new experiences I want to do in 2018.
Visit a place I’ve never been before
– I have a few in mind and they are all out of state.
Create a family vision board
– The kids will get involved with this. It’s always fun to see their ideas and goals for our family.
Hike a new trail
– There are some local ones I have never been to!
Try 18 new recipes
– This one should be easy enough!
Take a spin class
– I am dreading this one. Hard cycling isn’t a workout I enjoy. I’m more of a casual cycler.
Try aerial yoga
– I’m intrigued here, but so nervous! What if I fall on my face?!
Read a classic
– There are so many I’ve never read.
See a show
– Any recommendations?
Write a will
– Is this morbid? I really need to get this one done.
Plant some flowers
– My yard is so ugly. Plus, Abby’s 4-H Project is Gardening & Horticulture. This will help us both out.
Have a cookie party
– Mmm! Cookies! I love baking (and eating) cookies and love sharing them with other people, so I feel like this is a win all around and I’ll even get some new cookie recipes.
– Guided meditation is probably where I will begin.
Get a massage
– I can feel the stress melting away now.
Start a compost pile
– It will probably end up as a chicken food pile.
Try a new restaurant
– A new BBQ place opened up here recently. It will be the first.
Paint something on canvas
– I’m thinking something holiday related so I don’t have to stare at it all year-long and critique my lack of artistic skills.
Climb a mountain
– A little mountain. There’s a mountain near here I’ve never climbed. It would totally count as my “Hike a new trail” goal too.
Play a new game with the family
– I really want to take the kids to an Escape Room, but will probably settle for a new board game. I’m not sure the younger ones would be able to get through an Escape Room.
What are some new experiences you want to have in 2018? Have you created a 2018 Bucket List?