Get To Know Me + My Personal Reading Challenge
Hey guys! It’s me again. But who exactly is the “me” here? I know some of you are new, so I first wanted to say THANK YOU all for reading my blog and following me on this journey through life. I also wanted to reintroduce myself and tell you some fun facts about me before I move onto My Personal Reading Challenge.
- I am Courtney AKA Aduke – the girl behind the blog.
- I am 32 years old, never married, and live in Central Arkansas.
- I have 3 children and all of them were born early. I homeschool them.
- I joined the Mormon church when I was 22 years old.
- I dream of climbing Mt. Everest and running a 100 mile race – but I haven’t ran much lately due to health problems.
- I love playing PC games with my kids like Minecraft and Diablo.
- I love all things girly and glamorous even though I am super casual and will go days at a time without even wearing makeup.
- I have been a vlogger* for over 4 years and STILL get nervous in front of the camera. *my vlog channel.
- I studied Criminal Justice in college and have never used my degree. I am a semi-pro photographer and a full-time content creator.
Now that you know a little more about me, I’d love to learn something new about you. Share something interesting about you in the comments.
Personal Reading Challenge
Moving along, I wanted to discuss my reading challenge for this year. I have participated in reading challenges the past few years and it has helped me find new authors and genres that I probably wouldn’t have read otherwise.
This year I’m doing it a little different. In the past the reading challenges have been long lists containing books to read like a book with a blue cover, a self-help book, a book published in the current year, etc. There’s only 5 things on my list this year:
1. Don’t Finish Bad Books
I am always expecting a bad book to get better and other find myself finishing bad books. This year, if a book sucks I’m letting myself put it away and move on to something that I enjoy more.
2. Find a New Favorite Author
I finished 21 books in January and think I am on to a new favorite author already.
3. Read a New Series
I tend to shy away from series. With that said, I read CJ Box’s Joe Picket series and really liked it. Dare I say I think I want to read a sci-fi series.
4. Read More about My Hobbies and Career
I read for pleasure and reading to learn things just feels school-ish to me. I usually read short articles online when I want to learn something about either of these. I think there is so much information to be had in book form though, so I want to read more for educational purposes.
5. Read a Classic
We all have our favorites. Classics aren’t one of mine. Because of this, there are so many classics that I have never read. I’d like to read a classic or two or three this year.
Do you set reading goals or participate in reading challenges?
What is something fun/interesting about you?